Article in Norwegian. Published by dagsavisen.no 26.01.2018
Text: Espen H. Rusdal
Photo: Julia Nagelstad
Read Auto-generated English Translation Here
Found the girlfriend at Tinder
Alexander Rybak ready for MGP nine years after
NAME IN THE NEWS
Who: Alexander Rybak (31)
Why: Attends MGP with the song “That’s How You Write a Song”.
Now you’re in MGP again. Is it like returning to familiar tracts?
– He, he, certainly not. The only common multiple for 2009 and 2018 is that Oslo Spektrum seems just as awesome as before. And I really look forward to joining Norway’s biggest music festival.
Tell about the song.
– If “Fairytale” was about me, then this is about those around me. It’s like an answer to all the letters and messages I get, where people have an idea but need some help to get started. But this year there are very many motivational and inspirational songs in the MGP, that’s wonderful!
What is the funniest with MGP?
– All the colors. Seriously, I hope to see all the colors of the rainbow in Spektrum on March 10th.
Who wins the Norwegian finals? It is an experienced line-up this year.
– Very good this year. And while we try to tell ourselves that it’s just a party, there will be plenty of inner nail biting for all the artists in the finals. For this year it is even.
Which book has meant most to you?
– Is it awkward now, to mention my own children’s book “Trolle”?
Anyway, Saabye Christensen’s “Herman” was my great inspiration when I was going to write a book myself. What an emotional and beautiful story.
Saabye Christensen’s “Beatles” is mine.
– I have to read that!
What makes you happy?
Who was your childhood hero? My nephew has you as his hero.
– Is it true? Hope it lasts after I’ve sung in Spektrum then.
But, who was your childhood hero?
I can tell you, it was even between Jahn Teigen, Dad and Eminem.
What do you dislike most about yourself?
“That its a matter of life and death to me, to be so extremely perfectionistic, and become hugely disappointed with myself every time something goes wrong.
What do you do when you have a ball?
“Then I go around the world and find the biggest roller coasters! Perhaps play 10 FIFA matches in a row.
What are you willing to go to join a rally for?
– Against bullying, and for friendship and support. It’s in a way what we’re doing in MGP then …
– That I saw the “Excorsist” movie alone at home when I was 12. It took a lot of Grand Prix – joy to get rid of those traumas.
Who would you prefer to be stuck with in the elevator?
– Julie, definitely! There is so much I should have told her, but she had to rush to work today!
And Julie is? You have mentioned her twice now.
– A lady I found at Tinder two years ago.